Sunday, October 4, 2009

True Life Mysteries

True life mysteries.

What qualifies a true life mystery?

Is it a medical mystery? One that leaves doctors baffled and the patient scared? A case that goes unsolved for decades? One that leaves detectives baffled? Or is it a sock that goes missing in the wash, never to be seen again?

It's these questions that seem to plague our lives as we live our lives.

Medical mysteries are evident all around us. There are shows that are a testiment to that and reveal people's stories. We, then, become privy to these mysteries and the amazing answers to these questions that before seemed to be unanswerable.

Cold cases also, unfortunately, a part of life's mysteries. Sometimes these are solved and other times they remain cold.

And, lastly, there are those missing socks. I, myself, have at least three socks missing right now, and it is truly a mystery as to where they are. I mean, I think that I always put them in the clothes basket, and, yet, I always end up missing socks when putting away my clean clothes.

So mysteries are all around us. Sometimes we find the answers to them, and other times we fail to find the answers. But that's what a mystery is. And they will always continue to be around us.

Alyssa Montgomery
Author of Where Are You?

No comments:

Post a Comment